Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Revised Liturgy of the Hours in the works

I first became familiar with The Liturgy of the Hours (also known as The Divine Office, Christian Prayer, and less formally as the official prayer of the Church) in 2004.  It is a great way to set an appointment for prayer each day and much more.

While I really enjoy using the four volume set of books, I have lately become accustomed to using the Divine Office App on my iPhone.  It includes audio narration although I prefer to use it at my own pace.

This morning, I noticed some "news" on the app.  This past June, the Committee on Divine Worship met in Atlanta.  Among the discussions were the ongoing review of the Lectionary,  and the development of a plan to produce a revised edition of the Liturgy of the Hours.

You can read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment