Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just Do It!

I can be guilty of procrastination at times. I can be distracted for a moment or even for lengthy periods from something or things that I have set out to do. As I have stated many times before, I recognize that I have many faults and shortcomings, and it is always easy to see the faults and shortcomings in others first. I guess even that is a distraction of sorts.

So this will be short and to the point, and I will go think and pray about the things I need to do a better job with myself.

If one makes a commitment, whether for their child to play sports, to be trained in the arts, to receive religious education, or for themselves to participate in an organization or to serve the Church in some capacity, they should not only keep that commitment, but embrace it, engage wherever and whenever necessary, and treat it with the seriousness that it deserves.

And commitments made to the Church in any form of service should not be taken without the proper discernment, resolve to fulfill the obligation, and proper preparation and disposition toward the service itself, the people of God, and of course the Lord Himself.

Carry on.

+ + +

No comments:

Post a Comment