Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hurricane Katrina Memories, Feelings Still Strong

It was 8 years ago today that we left our home in Arabi, LA, not realizing it would be a permanent goodbye.

In the past, I've written a little about the event in several places, including this post last year.

I read posts from several friends on Facebook and realized just how strong the memories and feelings remain for all of us. Many of my dear friends experienced so much pain, and many are still suffering.

My wife also posted about our former pastor and included a link to an article about him which I have read so many times before. I hope you take the time to read about this remarkable priest who lives his life so ordinarily remarkable, as so many other ordinary remarkable priests do.

Here's my wife's short post, and below it is the link to the article:

Tonight, I saw a few posts about the upcoming anniversary of Katrina. I immediately thought of our Pastor, Father Hayes. When we were evacuating, we called him to ensure that he and his dog, Badooki, had a place to go. He advised us that he was staying behind with the Blessed Sacrament and because he would be needed to minister to people after the storm.
Please read this article about Fr. Dennis Hayes and Hurricane Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment