Friday, October 11, 2013

Love and Underpants

I don't believe that I mentioned it here on the blog, but many of you knew ahead of time that I was going in for hernia surgery this past Tuesday.

Well, all has gone really well with that, and I intend to write more about the experience, but here's just a quick thought I had last night.

Since having the surgery and until this morning, it was very difficult for me to bend past a certain point. Likewise, it has been difficult to lift my left foot very high off of the floor.

Three times. Once while dressing in the hospital to come home and twice after taking a shower. I have had to rely on my wife to help me put my underpants on.

Go ahead, laugh. Make a smirky face. I have a point.

Observing her help me with this last night, I noticed there was no hesitation on her part. There was no look of obligation nor anything which might be considered even remotely negative.

There was only love.
When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband, entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize. She brings him good, and not evil, all the days of her life. - Proverbs 31; 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment