Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Did the world learn from the terrorists attacks on September 11, 2001

The terrorists attacks on September 11, 2001 changed the world forever. But I have to wonder if the world really learned what is screaming to be learned and understood. That is that no matter what you think, no matter how politically correct you are, no matter how much you love your neighbor, there are those who are actively seeking to end your life and the lives of your family simply because you do not submit to Islam.

It is NOT what it is NOT


I do not hate Muslims. I do not hate anyone, and I even do my best not to dislike anyone, trying to empathize with other people and their particular circumstances in life. However, I have noticed that when anyone takes a stand for something these days, other people misinterpret that stand. Some misinterpret it honestly while others misinterpret it intentionally, purposefully distorting others' statements or actions in order to manipulate other people and to "recruit" them to a cause or idea which they themselves espouse.

Notice that in the opening paragraph, I did not state that all Muslims are seeking to end your life and the lives of your family simply because you do not submit to Islam. I guarantee though, that some people read that line and misinterpreted that to be anti-Muslim.

Why?


If you are one of those, then I ask you to ask yourself, "Why?" If I had said there are those that seek to steal from you simply because of the neighborhood you live in, would that suggest to you that I am against anyone who does not live in your neighborhood, or that all others who do not live in your neighborhood seek to steal from you? Of course not!

What really made me think about all of this is that last night I posted this picture on facebook:



A friend of mine and good man took exception, stating among many other things:


I guess it just doesn't come across as very loving/respectful of the "religion" of Islam et al.

I began defending my post of the picture and of the statement. Then I realized that there really is nothing to defend about this. I love my friend, and really I am sorry that he misinterpreted what I meant, but I just can't be responsible for everyone's misinterpretations. For me, this is a positive statement of my conviction to Christianity which just happens to be contrary to what is deemed acceptable to some, and specifically warranting death by many (again, did not say all) who embrace Islam.

These truths are in the evidence


All one has to do is look at the evidence around the world, the latest in Nigeria, to understand that I have said nothing that is untruthful here. In fact, when I look at said evidence, I feel somewhat convicted for not doing more to expose the plight of Christians, namely those being brutalized and massacred for their refusal to "submit to Islam".

Today, Michelle Malkin writes

Remembrance is worthless without resolve. Resolve is useless without action.


So, did we really learn? Or as with so many other issues these days, are we walking with blinders on our eyes and fingers in our ears? Those who wish to practice Islam are free to do so without fear of me, but that does not mean that I will not keep my eyes and ears open and attentive.



No comments:

Post a Comment