Friday, September 7, 2012

Possible first miracle for St. Nagatha

There is a reported possible first miracle for St. Nagatha! Yesterday, I blogged about St. Nagatha the Patron Saint of Nagging Wives.  In case you missed it, it was a piece about the beatification and canonization process for the fictional character Saint Nagatha. I intended it to be fun and only slightly educational, although I do stand by the general process and terms used.

Now I'm not the sharpest guy out there, but I did know enough to make sure that post was "cleared" by my wife. Just kidding. No, I'm not. I really did make sure I would not get in "trouble" first. Besides, she was the inspiration for the post. Well, I mean she gave me the idea by a question she asked.

Anyway, she doesn't always "play along", but yesterday she certainly did, and it's only fair that I share her retaliation with you.

After posting, I thought it would be a good idea for me to take my four year old daughter Monica out on some errands. I figured it would be a good way to get out and spend some quality daddy-daughter time.

First stop, Target, to exchange a backpack for my seven year old son Brandon. Brandon had picked out the backpack with his aunt on a special day they shared a few weeks ago.  He literally used it once, and he broke the zipper. Target had no problem with me making the exchange without a receipt. They just needed to see my driver's license.

Oh oh! I could not find it in my wallet. It was not in my van. I went back home and searched the other car, then the house. Nowhere! My wife Kendra told me to pray to St. Anthony, which I did. I remembered that I used it when I closed a bank account at Chase last Tuesday. They had it. Relief!

I sent a text to Kendra to say:
"Glad to have my license. NOT happy that Chase did not have the courtesy to call me for over a week."
She simply sent a picture in a reply text:

I replied:
"Made me smile."

Kendra replied again:
"I guess that's the first miracle for St. Nagatha."

Touche Kendra! I love it! Thanks for playing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment