Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pooping on the "pope party"?

So Time has announced that Pope Francis is its Person of the Year for 2013.

I see lots of excitement on social media - including from my wife, St. Nagatha.

To this I say, "I don't care".

Now before you think I've got some deep-rooted problem with Pope Francis (I don't) or that I am just a "party-pooper" or something, hear me out.

The reason I don't care about the pope being Time's person of the year is the long history of who (and what) has been chosen in the past. Just look back at the list of the past several decades.

It's about who they think influences the news, not who is truly significant to the good of humanity. (They say so in the link above.)

Not with me yet? Now look at the top ten finalists for this year's spot.

By the way, with three days left, Miley Cyrus was in the lead.

Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment