Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Colorado: "Attention Drunkards, Bros, and Hos; Do you got insurance?"

At first, I honestly thought this was one of those childish facebook spoofs that try to get everyone into an uproar about something that is false or grossly exaggerated. 

But the folks at Colorado Health Initiative are serious, and I guess if there is a joke then it's on me since I'm blabbing on about it.

I don't care though. I have to say that this campaign is pretty disgusting to me.

The ad pictured in this post states

Let's get physical. OMG, he's hot! Let's hope he's as easy to get as this birth control. My health insurance covers the pill, which means all I have to worry about is getting him between the covers. I got insurance. Now you can too. Thanks Obamacare!

That's not the only sleazy ad. And there are other ads featuring "bros" doing "keg stands" or wondering "how did I get up" on a keg, etc.

Oh, and while the ad's look to be a spin-off of the "Got Milk?" campaign, just look at the full name of the website; 

doyougotinsurance.com

WHAT is THAT about?

Okay, I'm done. Here's an article by the New York Post covering this.

No comments:

Post a Comment